Saturday, January 10, 2009

The journey


Ok, so I have noticed this is going to be a long road, journey, or whatever you want to call it. Just when you get a burst of confidence, you realize you only took a baby step.

So, I have decided to create a new space for creating my art. I thought it might give some fresh light and energy. I am so excited! My husband decided he wanted to move his office to the basement, and clean up the office upstairs. Then I decided I wanted to clean out our sunroom and make it my art studio. I put some stuff from the sunroom in the old office upstairs. We also did some winter cleaning and are having several large items from the three rooms taken away. It is amazing how much better we can create and work with some clutter taken out of our lives.

With all of this said and done, I will begin the process of growing. I think I will be in a much better place to nurture my talents and struggles. It will allow me to be a better artist by having the room to stretch and think. I will post pictures of the progress soon. Right now the sunroom is almost empty and I am waiting for the art/craft table, new art chair, daylight lamp, and rolling organizer/bins to come in. I can't wait to get it all put together! I think the kids will enjoy seeing me in there as well. It will give them more space to hang out with me too.

So, I will post the progress, and I can't thank some of you enough for the inspiration as I look at your blogs and shops. This is so much fun!

Beth

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like when you're done! I wish I had more light in my room. We had to get Solar screens put on the back of the house due to the heat in the afternoon. It blocks out a lot of the light. :(

    Do you have any before pictures of your room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will find some before pictures. I think I have some old ones. Well, actually I could take some now - haaha! I will post them. Thanks for the idea. Sorry about your room. I think everyone needs a little space. The family has not been real happy eating on the floor because I take the kitchen table - LOL! Thanks for following! :-) Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How exciting to have a sunny studio! I can't wait to have a studio of my own (I work in a hallway now!). And I happened to stumble upon my earrings in the gift guide. I didn't get any notice, so it was a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Kiwi Arts Now Sold at Image Spa!

Kiwi Arts Now Sold at Image Spa!
Buy Natural Wood Bangles at Image Spa!

Kiwi Arts on Artfire

Store not available