Monday, April 6, 2009

1st Day of Spring Break - Where do I get my motivation?









OK, It is not like I do not have anything to do......Maybe it is the cold air outside. They are calling for snow flurries! What is this all about? Maybe it is that the house is too quiet.... Do I feel like I can't do anything unless I have all 12,000 of my children running around asking for things while I am trying to create? Some of them are out of town........Or maybe it is just that I am off work this week and I don't know where to start???? hmmmm. We are off dance for the entire Spring Break, and there is no soccer either. No games... I should be going crazy with excitement! But I am not. Maybe I need all that structure to be productive. That is sick isn't it? Well, the only thing I have going on this week is that I MUST catch up on some local and Etsy orders, and I need to paint like crazy. I have a Dinner Theater that I am performing in on Friday, and a dress rehearsal on Wednesday. That is a very light schedule for me. Talk about no pressure! Well, If anyone else gets into this kind of funk, let me know. What do you do to motivate yourself? Do you have the self discipline I seem to lack? Where should I start? Feedback is welcome!
I accidentally erased some of my latest glassware painting, so I will re post the pictures. This is sad - re posting old pictures!!! OK, this is a sign, I MUST paint. Memorizing my lines for Friday would not hurt either. ha!

Hugs to all - Thanks for reading,
Beth
Don't forget to visit our Original Artists on Etsy Team (OAOE Team - to search team tags on Etsy). You can view our blog on http://originalartistsonetsy.blogspot.com or our team store on Etsy http://OriginalArtists.etsy.com to see some wonderful art work from all of our team members!

4 comments:

  1. Creativity....hmm, it comes to visit whenever I play Lord of the Rings DVD, Frida DVD and some good music. That is what helps me stir it out of hibernation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I LOVE your imagination. The glasses are great!

    Although I don't think I'm NEARLY busy as you, I seem to get NOTHING done if I have too much "free" time. I was telling my friends at work the other day that if I didn't have my job, I'd probably never get anything done! Weird, isn't it?

    To motivate myself, all I really need to do is turn OFF the computer! It is harder than it sounds!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand needing to turn off the computer all too well! What time I have left after work is sucked up by my monitor and keyboard.

    I struggle to create when I have too much free time. Three day weekends are good for me - a whole week off - not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! You guys are making me feel alot less crazy!! Yes, the computer sucks me in big time after work - its like I can't wait to get home and check in. I LOVE 3 day weekends. That sound like a perfect schedule! I think working does keep me more organized though. I suppose it is good brain exercise too. I agree with good music too! Keep them coming, I have 4 more days of this! ha ha! :-) Thanks for the comments. Beth

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Kiwi Arts Now Sold at Image Spa!

Kiwi Arts Now Sold at Image Spa!
Buy Natural Wood Bangles at Image Spa!

Kiwi Arts on Artfire

Store not available